APPS LEAD ARCHITECT
This position is remote with occasional travel to NY office approximately twice per month.
At Barnes & Noble, the recruitment of top talent is at the top of our leaders’ agenda. They are currently looking for skilled, superior candidates to supplement their Nook and mobile app development team.JOB SUMMARY
As the Nook Apps Lead Architect, you are responsible for the Nook applications for iOS, Android, Windows and web. You are very familiar with state-of-the-art mobile architecture and able to create and realize a technology roadmap that meets the business requirements while optimizing utilization of resources for both new development and maintenance. You are a hands-on leader who’s able to code while also managing internal and offshore resources in an agile development environment. You proactively review customer feedback and app analytics to identify and address issues to continuously improve app ratings and customer satisfaction.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead architecture planning, technical design and code development for consumer facing mobile applications.
- Define and maintain development environments and tools.
- Work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to scope new feature requirements as part of sprint planning.
- Lead and mentor internal and offshore resources to deliver functional code for each sprint.
- Recruits, selects, and develops top talent through training, coaching and developing/challenging work.
- At least 10 years of software development experience of consumer facing mobile applications.
- Education requirement – BS Computer Science
- Proficient with software development for mobile applications (Swift, Java, Kotlin, …etc.).
- Proficient with code versioning and integration tools such as Git and Jenkins.
- Agile development experience
- Passionate about delivery apps with exceptional user experience.
- Strong organization, time-management, prioritization, multi-tasking, independent-decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, etc. skills.
- Works well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Some off hour work to align with development teams in Asia.
Location/Region: Concord, NH (03301)