First Branch Unified District Food Service Manager - Tunbridge
• Experience and ability to direct public school food service operations.
• Ability to plan menus, prepare meals, and report on state, federal and local laws, regulations and procedures.
• Must have purchasing, human relations, communication, and business management skills
• 3-5 years related experience preferred
• Administer and oversee the daily operations of food services and child nutrition program.
• Review all invoices prior to payment. Process all food services invoices for payment.
• Human Resource: staff issues, interviewing, accident reports, employee evaluation.
• Implementation of Federal, State laws and Local policy and procedures as they pertain to the Child Nutrition Program.
• Oversee menu planning and nutrition analysis. This includes but not limited to; ordering, receiving, food safety and sanitation, food preparation, special diets, usage and waste
• Develop department equipment plan.
• Work with the business office on the food services budget.
• Determine yearly labor needs through labor analysis and time studies and make necessary recommendations.
• Complete all reporting required by the USDA - i.e. Monthly State Claim, Annual Verification, Child Nutrition Program Application, Commodity Provider and Commodity Order.
• Preparation and distribution of yearly Free/Reduced Meal Benefit Applications.
• Responsible for determining qualification for benefits, Direct Certification, Counting and Claiming Meals, Computerized Software, maintaining confidentiality and maintenance of files.
• Secure Food Service Establishment Licenses and adherence to all Health Department requirements within the food service department as well as outside organization using our building to serve the public.
• Conduct the annual inventory of food, disposables and equipment.
• Work directly with WRVSU Business Manager on department grant audits.
• Act as the School Food Service Authority for Audits and Nutrition Reviews.
• Supervise, kitchen cooks, and cafeteria staff.
• Oversee processing of timesheets for payroll and absence reporting and records.
• Implement district-wide customer service driven philosophy that focuses on value and satisfaction.
• Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State, and Local food service regulations.
• Ability to select, train, evaluate and direct a food service staff.
• Ability to develop, monitor, and manage food service budget.
• Ability to develop menus, monitor food production and service and assure that all food service efforts comply with meal requirements.
• Ability to develop specifications and solicit competitive prices for all required food, non-food, equipment and supplies.
• Ability to administer free and reduced lunch programs including application approvals and collection procedures.
• Ability to prepare revenue, accounts payable, and participation reports and to establish and maintain the food program inventory system.
• Performs other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Administration.
Qualified applicants please apply on Schoolspring.com (Job Id # 3675601)
Location/Region: Tunbridge, VT (05077)