Availability: We are looking for mid shift to evening availability.
Essential Job Duties:
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt courteous service and assistance.
• Record (scan) the purchases of a customer into the cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Perform accurate price check function.
• Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal, request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
• Recognize or differentiate between the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
• Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining to the acceptance of checks and the sale of tobacco/alcoholic beverages.
• Collect money in the forms of cash or checks from customers and tender accurate change in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
• Process all various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized Accounts Receivable sales, Electronic Payments, WIC coupons, Food Stamps, manufacturers’ coupons, gift certificates, bottle deposits, bottle refunds, merchandise refunds, etc., in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing same. If applicable and service desk/kiosk trained, process lottery, Western Union, utility etc. transactions.
• Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive cash in registers and request cash pickup in accordance with company policy.
• Secure register always when leaving it unattended; protect company assets at all times.
• Sort and return return-to-stock items (put-backs) back to their normal shelf locations with priority attention given to refrigerated and perishable items.
• Gather shopping carts and take them to designated areas and pickup points.
• Provide carryout service in accordance with the company’s guidelines.
• Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
• Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
• Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
• Sweep floors during store hours and assist in other maintenance duties such as cleaning break rooms, rest rooms as assigned.
• Assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage of glass or plastic containers to eliminate potential hazards and prevent accidents.
• Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
• Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
• Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Effective communication and customer service skills. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Willingness to learn multiple tasks. Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of the job. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Perform frequent to continuous repetitive hand/arm motions while standing the majority of the shift.
• Continuous fine finger motions such as pinching, grasping when handling money.
• Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
• Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
• Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners.
• Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.
• Work in and out of inclement weather when necessary.
• Gather up to five shopping carts and push them to designated areas.
**The essential job functions, duties and responsibilities and physical requirements listed are a select representation of duties required for various positions, and may not include all, or be limited to, those listed. Specific duties and functions of each position will be available and reviewed at time of interview.
Apply On-line Apply On-line
Location/Region: Concord, NH