The American Precision Museum is located in Windsor, VT. Dedicated to telling the story of American Manufacturiing and inspiring the youth of today in the joy of making, the museum is housed in a 1846 armory and is the birth place of the American System of Manufacturing.
The Development Manager works with current supporters and prospects to build lasting relationships with the museum. This position will work closely with the Executive Director, Development Committee, and Board members to manage all phases of development and fundraising. This position will also work closely with outside partners that assist the museum in fundraising and donor lead generation.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university related to this position or equivalent
experience; Experience in a non-profit environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to build donor relationships across different levels.
- Experience in event planning and business sponsorship solicitation (or enthusiastic wiliness to learn)
- Excellent written and verbal (phone) skills
- Experience in CRM and Donor Management software (Bloomerang and Hubspot)
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Demonstrated and proven success in supporting various development and fundraising programs
- Ability to work with outside partners in a team environment
- Ability to plan and act strategically
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and written communication skills required
- Must be comfortable asking prospects and current supports for donations.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000/year This is a full time position in Windsor, VT
Some remote work possible