Administrative Assistant – Full Time
Bugbee Senior Center
Come make a difference in your community by helping older adults lead full and independent lives. We offer a friendly work environment, plenty of opportunities to be creative, and a chance to meet older adults from all walks of life and backgrounds.
Bugbee Senior Center has been serving older adults from Hartford, Hartland, Thetford, and Norwich since the 1970s. An important resource for our community, we offer:
- Home delivered and on-site meal programs
- Educational, social, and entertaining activities and events for local senior citizens
- Free loans of durable medical equipment
- Social services
- Transportation services
Located adjacent to downtown White River Junction, VT at the junction of I-89 and I-91, we are right at the center of the Upper Valley. Our facility includes a large dining room, kitchen, offices, library, and plenty of meeting/flex space for activities.
We are looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to support the daily management of the Center. The ideal candidate relates well with senior citizens, is a team-oriented and collaborative individual, and has experience using database software, email marketing programs, and cloud-based software. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off, sick leave, and holiday pay
- Guaranteed weekly hours
- Opportunities for professional development and skills advancement
- First point of contact for visitors and callers.
- Prepares daily deposits, cash reconciliation, and manages data entry.
- Supports the Nutrition Program, including intake of new meal delivery clients, entering information into the database, communicating with kitchen staff, helping package meals, and producing reports.
- General administrative support, including scheduling, fundraising support, publishing the Bugbee Bulletin, maintaining the website, and working with staff to ensure center programs occur as planned.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
You should consider applying if:
- You want to make a meaningful difference in older adults’ lives
- You like working with people
- You’re seeking a fun, team-oriented working environment
- You’ve got a knack for creativity
- You are looking to enhance your skills in human services
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Send your resume and cover letter (.pdf or .docx file format) to
Deadline to apply is Monday, April 19. All qualified candidates will be invited to interview via Zoom.
About this company
Bugbee Senior Center provides a range of services for older adults in Hartford, Thetford, Norwich, and Quechee to enable them to remain independent and involved members of the community. Through the support of our community we provide home delivered meals to the homebound, lunches every day, a wide range of activities for seniors, transportation, loans of medical equipment, and social services.
Location/Region: White River Junction, VT