Still North Books & Bar, an independent bookstore, café, and bar in downtown Hanover, NH, is looking for a positive, energetic bookseller to join our team. This person will be responsible for ensuring that all customers (both in-store and over the phone/online) have a positive and safe experience. The ideal candidate is a fast learner, has an eye for visual merchandising, and is very organized and detail oriented. The ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize is key for success in this position. Love of books and knowledge of both current and backlist titles is a must. Interest in food, coffee, beer and/or wine a big plus.
This position is ideal for a person with 2+ years retail or publishing experience who is interested in growing into a management-level position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide an excellent customer experience both in-person and over the phone or online; guide customers through COVID-19 protocols
- Process and fulfill incoming online orders by entering orders from website into POS
- Offer reading recommendations to customers in-store and over the phone
- Receive daily shipments of new books
- Maintain tidy cash wrap at all times; maintain clean and organized sales floor
- Assist with creation of dynamic in-store displays and curate website collections
- Assist with database and physical inventory management
- Assist with store social media
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years retail or publishing experience strongly preferred; experience leading and training a team a very big plus
- Comfortable learning and working with a variety of computer programs, including POS system, and e-commerce and shipping programs; familiarity with PCs
- Welcoming of all and enjoys working with people—both team members and customers
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Excellent problem solver
- Available to work daytime shifts upon hiring; willing to work nights and weekends as our hours expand
- Must be willing & able to lift 30 lbs. and be on your feet for several hours at a time
- Love of books an absolute must! Interest in the café a plus
- Ideally interested in developing into a management-level position
- Must be 18 years or older
To Apply: Please send your resume and up to 3 references to email@example.com.
Location/Region: Hanover, NH