Supervises and leads the Direct Stock Weekend Shift which includes selecting, pre-sort, returns put away, replenishment and reserve. Hires and trains associates to successfully meet expectations by providing proper tools, best method training, consistent and effective feedback. Evaluates associate performance and ensures that each associate is held equally accountable to company policies, productivity and accuracy goals. Supports other functions within the DC, continually striving for improved customer service and promotes a zero injury work place.
- Coordinates workload with manager and team leaders to determine staffing requirements for the day and adjusts staffing to meet goals. Uses tools provided to ensure proper workflow is maintained where each associate is able to maximize performance and workflow is strived to be at optimal levels.
- Motivates team of associates to achieve/exceed department UPH, accuracy and productivity goals as well as meeting and/or exceeding service metrics.
- Interviews and screens new associates to maximize the potential of a candidate to succeed within areas of responsibility.
- Oversees new associates’ on boarding process and training performed by the team leaders, follows up with each associate during training period to give feedback on their success and opportunities in meeting productivity, accuracy and attendance expectations.
- Supervises associates in regards to attendance, paid time off, productivity and accuracy to ensure all company policies and standards are met. Recommends and delivers disciplinary action where an associate does not meet expectations in a consistent manner and ensures actions are handled fairly.
- Conducts performance observations on associates below expectations by giving feedback, ensuring best practices are followed, each associate has all the proper tools and knowledge to be successful.
- Coordinates the cross-training of associates to promote a well cross-trained DC.
- Communicates departmental goals and objectives to ensure associates have clearly defined expectations.
- Ensures associates understand/follow the safest and best methods to meet production and accuracy goals.
- Provides a formal job performance appraisal for each individual associate on annual basis.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Familiarity with PkMS and Microsoft Office a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to direct the time of others.
- Must have leadership skills with the ability to supervise and motivate a team of associates.
- Must have the ability to manage projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Ability to lead and supervisor others.
- Ability to work with people collaboratively.
- Ability to make judgment calls
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with good organization and time management skills.
- 3+ years of experience in a Distribution Center or similar environment.
- Associate, vocational, or technical degree preferred.
- 1+ years of leadership experience required
About J. Jill:
J.Jill is an omni-channel premier retailer and nationally recognized women's apparel brand committed to delighting our customers with great wear-now product. J.Jill operates an omni-channel platform that delivers a seamless experience to our customers through over 270 stores nationwide and a robust ecommerce experience. The J.Jill brand represents an easy, relaxed, inspired style that reflects the confidence and comfort of a woman with a rich, full life. J.Jill is headquartered outside Boston.
Location/Region: Tilton, NH (US)