Location: Lebanon, NH, USA
Business Group / Department: Corporate R&D, Mascoma
Starting date: As soon as possible
Status: Permanent / Part-time
Work schedule: Monday to Friday afternoons, 20 hours/week
Salary offered: Based on experience / Hourly
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 11 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with activities throughout worldwide. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 3500 people working across more than 45 countries, on 5 continents.
Lallemand conducts its R&D activities not only through internal projects, including at Mascoma LLC, but also in collaboration with many universities and other governmental and private research institutions around the world. Research and development is a major element in successfully identifying and satisfying the needs of the market segments in which Lallemand strives to play an active and leading role.
Mascoma LLC, part of the Corporate R&D business group, is a leader in advanced bioconversion products. They are leading the way in developing products and applications that enable the efficient and sustainable production of fuels and chemicals from biomass sources. They develop and deliver innovative technologies for manufacturing companies that are focused on the conversion of abundant biomass to replace petroleum-based products.
The Laboratory Technician will join the laboratory operations team for an R&D facility that focuses on development of yeast and bacteria. This position is based in Lebanon, NH and will report directly to the Operations Associate. The selected individual will provide support for the facility to enhance the smooth operation and efficiency of the laboratories.
Activities may include:
- Washing, sterilizing and organizing glassware from laboratories, following specific protocols to avoid cross-contamination
- Cleaning and organizing common areas and media preparation areas
- Stocking lab areas with appropriate supplies
- Preparing various media and plates for use by the molecular and microbiology labs
- Assist with receiving duties
- Assist Operations Associate with safety related activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum requirements: HS education or equivalent
- Experience in a laboratory a plus
- Ability to follow basic lab protocols and seek appropriate assistance
- Employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time and lift 5 – 10 pounds, and occasionally up to 30 pounds
- Willingness to learn and perform various duties depending on the company’s needs
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
Personal strengths required:
- Ability to work within a team
Is this job for you? Apply now to:
Joanne Donoghue, EHS & Ops Director:
Please include the job code “LT-Operations” in the subject line of your email
Thank you for your interest in our organization, please note that for reasons of treatment volume, only retained candidates will be contacted.
Location/Region: Lebanon, NH