As Assistant Demand Planning Analyst you are a key resource supporting the development of timely and reliable product and customer demand history, forecasts, and performance analysis. You will utilize forecasting and database tools and techniques to propose increasingly accurate product, sales, and margin forecasts factoring in all applicable variables. Your successful performance in this role will enable effective decision making by The Baker’s Catalogue merchandising, marketing, and inventory planning teams.
This position requires an ongoing awareness of past, present & future demand variables associated with the Division’s merchandising, marketing strategies and initiatives. Curiosity and initiative to dig into performance drivers, critical thinking, strong spreadsheet skills, and organized attention to accuracy is essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Propose initial product forecasts by month and distribution channel. Apply applicable historical demand, pricing, marketing, and promotional history. Effectively apply standard curves, allocations, and event assumptions which have been developed.
- Provide data collection, tracking, and insight into demand change assumptions for improved future forecasting efforts.
- Monitor and prepare weekly analysis of actual demand versus forecasts. Identify variances and trends requiring attention.
- Research variances, identify and suggest possible root causes driving variances to forecast.
- Calculate timely and reasonable revised forecasts, communicate recommended adjustments providing explanations and justifications for the adjustments.
- Collect, tabulate, organize, and validate product demand data in support of weekly, monthly & seasonal analysis based on department goals & priorities.
- Update presentations for product performance versus plan and history to enable informed decisions about assortment, pricing, and channel distribution.
- Generate periodic and ad-hoc performance reviews for sales channels, product lines, categories, events, and individual products as assigned.
- Organize and archive analysis projects, referring to findings, and updating progress as required.
- Support the creation of analysis data, results, and root causes. Assist in the data gathering and capture of alternative scenarios, conclusions and recommendations useful for supporting informed and appropriate decisions for growing the business and improving profitability.
Collaboration & Continual Improvement
- Participate in the seasonal conversion verification processes in order to ensure accuracy and implementation of the product assortment and merchandising plan.
- Maintain an alertness for potential product performance challenges, resolutions, and opportunities taking a proactive approach to communicating concerns and proposing solutions.
- Grasp and apply new process changes to improve data gathering efficiencies, analysis accuracy, and presentation effectiveness.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Organization - an ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritize to meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Analytic- must have proven analysis capabilities combining fact, pros, cons, trends, and desired outcomes to create accurate findings and make logical recommendations.
- Communication – must possess effective, professional written & verbal communication skills.
- Negotiation – must be able to partner with peers to resolve issues and maintain productive relationships.
- Teamwork – Must be able to work with peers toward common goals, develop, & deliver on schedule; communicate effectively in a team environment.
- High energy - Maintain a healthy but enhanced level of intensity, excellent follow-up and follow through.
- Collegial - Fits the KAF culture and embraces the values.
- Nimble - Thrives on change and is inspired by new challenges.
- Attitude - It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Process improvement - Ability to recognize areas of opportunity or concern; propose appropriate solutions and effectively implement approved solutions.
- Safety- Commitment to following recommended ergonomic/workplace safety practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics or minimum 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Proven effectiveness in critical thinking, data collection and mining, and analysis.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Excel, forecasting software tools and applications.
- Desire, initiative, and ability to grow in skills, education, and contribution to the team.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for a minimum of eight hours daily.
- Ability to work in an open office environment which can be noisy at times.
- Ability to view and manipulate complex data screens and spreadsheets for the majority of each day.
Location/Region: White River Junction