Founded in 1837, Colby-Sawyer College is a private, residential liberal arts college that enrolls 1,100 students. Colby-Sawyer College is a private, independent college offering undergraduate and graduate educational programs based in the liberal arts and sciences and designed to prepare students for their professions and lives of ongoing learning. Faculty, staff and students strive for excellence in the college's engaged teaching and learning community to foster students' academic, intellectual, and personal growth. The college is located in New London, NH, a quintensential New England town that is surrounded by mountains in the Lake Sunapee Region.
The Executive Assistant to the President oversees the President’s Office, prioritizes the President’s schedule, and coordinates projects and initiatives as assigned by the President. This position manages preparation for, and implementation of, Board of Trustee meetings. This position provides project management support and handles administrative duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature.
- Serve as administrative assistant to the President & VP of Finance, utilizing excellent human relations skills in representing the office to internal and external constituents.
- Prioritize, schedules, and coordinates the President’s calendar. Works closely with the Office of Advancement on the President’s travel for development cultivation.
- Support the success of the Senior Leadership Team by preparing agendas, attending meetings, and monitoring follow-up actions.
- In collaboration with the President, Board Chair, and Senior Leadership Team, prepare and assemble trustee meeting agendas and materials. Maintains College Bylaws and trustee records. Provide staff support to the Board Organization Committee of the Board.
- Lead the completion of mandatory federal reporting and institutional research. Confirm that key contacts across campus attend to required deadlines and other opportunities for institutional reporting.
- Monitor President’s Office and Board of Trustee budgets.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and discretion with regard to all office matters.
- Complete special projects and research on Planning Comparison Group institutions.
- Supervise student workers in the President’s Office.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Office of the President by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- Understanding of multifaceted, high-paced executive office environment. Experience as executive assistant desired.
- Superior listening, writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work effectively on several projects simultaneously, and the ability to work independently are essential.
- Ability to anticipate issues and work effectively as a team player a must.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize among competing demands.
- Integrity and ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Experience managing complex processes and events.
- Understanding of higher education and shared governance.
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Office and student data information systems.
Submit your application materials, including a cover letter, résumé, three professional references, and salary requirements via email to
, via US Mail to Colby-Sawyer College, Attn: Human Resources, 541 Main Street, New London, NH 03257; or stop by Human Resources (Office 230) in Colgate Hall.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.