Saint Michael's College delivers a compelling, world-class education in a beautiful Vermont setting. Our connected community allows students to form close relationships with each other and accomplished faculty and staff members, providing an ideal learning environment where they have the space and support to challenge themselves and their peers. As a fully residential college located minutes from Burlington, one of the country's top-rated college towns, Saint Michael's offers an unparalleled mix of academic, spiritual, cultural, service and wilderness experiences. Saint Michael's is among the elite ranks of only 283 colleges and universities nationwide allowed to host a Phi Beta Kappa national honor society chapter on campus, making it clear why Newsweek magazine labeled the college a "hidden treasure" that "deserves more national recognition." The College is included in the Princeton Review's Best 379 Colleges, earning a spot on the Green College Honor Roll for demonstrating a strong commitment to sustainability. Surrounded by the beautiful Green Mountains and Lake Champlain, and only 3.5 hours from Boston and 1.5 hours from Montreal, the area offers abundant recreational and cultural opportunities. To learn more, visit smcvt.edu.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Teach 2 lab sections per semester.
- Administer, train, and supervise student lab assistants throughout the department.
- Manage preparations for all course affiliated labs.
- Participation on a team of colleagues whose primary focus is contributing to an inclusive community of student learning and development of educational environments that affirm the value of cultural diversity.
- Oversee the acquisition and stocking of teaching-related chemicals, lab supplies, equipment, and manuals.
- Supervise proper use and routine maintenance of teaching-related equipment and facilities.
- Work with the Occupational Environmental Health Coordinator on issues related to safety and chemical waste disposal.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), employee and dependent tuition benefits, and discounted gym membership.
- Minimum of Master of Science degree in Chemistry or a closely related physical science plus one to two years of relevant teaching experience.
- Outstanding organizational, administrative, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Saint Michael's College, inspired by our Edmundite Catholic mission, is committed to diversity and inclusion across our campus community. We are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural diversity of the nation, and we actively seek applications from underrepresented groups. Applicants are invited to include in their cover letter and other documents information about how they may contribute to our goal through their research, teaching and/or service.
The mission of the Education Programs at Saint Michael's College is to contribute to the intellectual, ethical, social, and spiritual development of individuals and culture, with an emphasis on creativity, curiosity, contemplation, collaboration, social justice, and sustainability.
Saint Michael's College is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, in compliance with applicable provisions of state and federal law that prohibit discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or military service status, HIV-positive test result status, genetic information, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic, as such characteristics and prohibitions are defined by applicable law. The College will not rely inappropriately on such characteristics, or upon related stereotypes or biases, in making employment-related decisions. Also, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship or otherwise would not be required by applicable law, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, as well as any employee who is limited in her ability to perform the functions of her job because of pregnancy, childbirth or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth.
Please be prepared to attach the following documents after clicking on the Apply Now button:
- Cover letter including a description of relevant experiences
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (transcripts and reference letters may be requested of finalists at a later stage). At least one reference should be able to address teaching.
Review of Applications will begin on Monday January 28th 2019 and continue until the job is filled.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/72y3zc9wy3dfq7ys
Location/Region: Colchester, VT