Growth oriented telehealth company seeks Clinical Psychologist to provide therapy to patients in skilled nursing facilities in Manchester and Concord, New Hampshire. Opportunity also available in Derry and Nashua, NH! Opportunity available to practice clinical psychology from home, treating patients in skilled nursing facilities via TeleVideo.
MediTelecare, is a leader in behavioral health, providing services to the geriatric population who reside in skilled nursing facilities.
We have an immediate need to hire a Full-Time (40 hours) Clinical Psychologist. As a Psychologist you will conduct patient evaluations, assessments and individual therapy based on MediTelecare’s Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs). Our Psychologists are part of a world class clinical team that also includes Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatrists.
This position will require daily travel to skilled nursing facilities in the Derry, Nashua, Manchester, and Concord NH area.
- Maintain a patient caseload. Conduct initial psychiatric testing and evaluations, psychotherapy, behavioral management, and neuro-cognitive testing.
- Conducts decisional capacity evaluations as requested by facility.
- Participate in case reviews, consultations and utilization review.
- Respond to urgent calls from the facility and facilitate problem solving.
- Maintain accurate records on patients treated in an EHR.
- For billing purposes, compete daily documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Provide in-service education at the facilities as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with facility staff to discuss patient care and address building questions or concerns.
- Stay up to date with current behavioral health issues and legislation.
- May cover other facilities as requested by manager.
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential new staff when requested.
- May assist in the orientation of new staff when requested.
EDUCATION, LICENSING AND CREDENTIALING:
- PhD, or PsyD, or equivalent recognized doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited university.
- Two years of supervised clinical experience at least one of which is post degree.
- Holds a valid permanent license in practicing state(s) as a clinical psychologist in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it.
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of MediTelecare and the facilities assigned to. Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Geriatric and/or psychiatric experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a computer including but not limited to: using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and MediTelecares’ Electronic Health Record system.
- Provide quality, reliable and consistent behavioral health services to the patients of assigned facilities and communicate with the staff at the facility.
- Follow schedule as created by Vice President or Regional Scheduling Manager and present at facility on scheduled day.
- Must complete clinical documentation, daily activity sheets and time and attendance entries in a timely manner as directed.
- Commit to full day of service for hours hired to work.
This job description is not inclusive and there may be other tasks and responsibilities that you will perform as required.