Are you interested and dedicated to assisting individuals with developmental disabilities meet their goals and become an integral part of their community? If so, this may be the position for you.
You work in partnership with individuals, and those they choose to support them, acting as a liaison in designing, implementing and monitoring customized, responsive supports that promote individual choice and decision-making authority. You will assist individuals with budget administration and serve as a liaison with community members, state agencies and service providers. You will also facilitate the interview and hiring process for support providers (Personal Mentors) and provide supervision for assigned employees including regular check-ins, performance evaluation and time card approval. This is a full time position based in Claremont, NH with regional travel.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support and assistance to families per designated and applicable state of NH regulations and waivers.
- Advocates and supports families and individuals in a manner which increases opportunities for participation in the community by responding to the changing needs of the family as a whole and balances the use of informal and formal resources.
- Facilitates planning meetings for individuals including completing, compiling and processing Individual Service Agreements/Amendments/Action Plans and other related documents as requested or required.
- Monitors the implementation and quality of services as outlined in the Service Agreement and applicable state regulations.
- Participates in ON-CALL rotation as scheduled and shares caseload coverage of others as requested during vacations, sick time, emergencies or other times as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is highly preferred; High School diploma or GED required
- 2-3 year minimum case management experience
- Minimum of 2 years human services experience a must; experience with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills required
- Must be be flexible and able to effectively manage job fluidity
- Intermediate proficiency in MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability and willingness to learn new programs a must.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a must; ability to meet deadlines needed
- Budgeting experience highly preferred.
- Must be willing to travel regionally
Location/Region: Claremont, NH