Overall supervision of manufacturing operations. Responsible for the efficient production of all customer requirements within the level of quality proscribed. Overall responsibilities include leading the departmental manufacturing teams in achieving production schedules, properly maintaining our processing equipment and facilities to meet production schedules and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations, plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities and schedules for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors. Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Enforces overall material reporting accuracy and inventory control program.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment. This includes all manufacturing, technicians and testers.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, improve product quality, and minimize product cost.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems; plus resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Director of Operations.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Perform first-line supervisory functions for the team including assignment of work, approval of time and attendance, work scheduling, material ordering, and performance reporting.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Lead, train, coach and develop team members to high level of self-direction while managing production demands and all aspects of the change process.
- Motivates team members to meet safety, quality, cost and productivity objectives.
- Analyze and assist in the preparation of process and quality assurance requirements to include tooling, fixturing, work instructions and standard practices.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- This position requires previous manufacturing supervision experience.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience with a demonstrated record of performance and success in a manufacturing leadership role involving a flexible workforce.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing methodologies; as well as working knowledge of electrical-mechanical assembly of power supplies, wiring control cabinets, logical controllers, Transformers, etc. is a plus.
- Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing from four-year college or university; plus three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to colleagues and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Safety glasses with side shields
Steel toed shoes/boots
Location/Region: Warner, NH (US - 03278)